Gimme a break, gimme a break...
As it tends to happen, my week off for Thanksgiving break has flown by and half of the things I had hoped to do did not get done. Tomorrow I head back to conclude my first semester of graduate school and see if I did well enough to a) stay in the program and b) get into the honor society. Two of my exams are the week of the 5th and although I have read and started studying I do not feel confident enough yet.
I also have 2 papers to write. One is a group paper on the abortion ethics presentation. I have all of the sources but I haven't decided how to write about all of the laws in an intelligent and interesting way yet. I also have to write a personal growth paper, which should not be too bad. I have a tape that I need to transcribe also. I brought it with me but never sat down to transcribe it. Monday I had an ortho appointment and Tuesday I had a vet appt for my furbaby and another dental appt. Sometime during my winter break I will be getting the bottom braces put on. It was a ruse as I had thought when I was told I could not have bottom braces without a gum graft. The specialist I saw Tuesday was very nice and said that she saw no reason I could not have the braces put on and she would be happy to monitor my gums while the braces were on. So whoo hoo I get more braces (and these will be metal so they will be lots of fun and very noticable). But I want everything completed before I finish graduate school. I also went by and helped my mom at work after that appt. Friday I had a hair appt and got it trimmed. I love the feeling just after a haircut and I especially love having my hair washed by someone else. If I ever win the lottery I think I may get one of those basins installed in my house and have someone wash my hair a few times a week (if it was everyday it wound't be special anymore).
I did not catch up with all of the people I wanted to see and I did not go by my old employer because I never heard back to know if it was okay or not.
I did get Christmas shopping for family completed. I'm not sure what I can afford to do for friends this year but I am going to do my best to have something nice for y'all. I'm not looking forward to going back and using that heat b/c it is so incredibly expen$ive! At the beginning, I felt like all of my money was being sunk into food from grocery shopping. Now it's the gas heat that is draining my limited resources. I liked when I had minimal bills to pay. Oh well.
I have already gotten out of the groove of being at work. That is going to be hard to get back into. I don't know if we work exam week or not. I really hope not b/c I always get stressed during exam week and like to keep the book to my nose until the last minute. But we probably have to work. I have no idea how my schedule is going to work next semester b/c I will have clients that I have to fit into my work schedule. I'll also need one day that I can come home if I need to in order to have my braces tightened. It's going to be an interesting balancing act.
I like being home and I wish I could be here more often but I also love the program I am in and want to do my best. I'm looking forward to winter break! I still think that the time from Thanksgiving to Christmas should be the time that people get for breaks and the rest of the year should revolve around that. I'd much rather be here taking in all the sights sounds and smells of the season and spending time with family and friends.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home